Sunday, September 20, 2009

Hey More Lightning!


Once again lightning storms rolled through Las Cruces last night. And once again I, being the nerd I am, traded my Saturday night to go take pictures of clouds. I hate to say it but hopefully these lightning storms mellow out soon because if they're there and firing, there's not much I can do to restrain myself. The desert is also getting its fair share of water too. Almost all the arroyos are running and the surrounding scrub is taking on a nice new vibrant green.




If you look closely you can see 2 or 3 small bolts coming up from the ground. I bet the spectators at the Aggie football game liked this one.


I didn't see this bolt but I saw the blue flash of the exploding transformer it hit. Again, I bet the football players were soaking up all the fun down there.

No comments:

Post a Comment