Friday, October 9, 2009

Exploring My New Home

There is so much to see and explore around Las Cruces. The only problem I have with that is there is no way I will ever see it all. Just taking my camera out for a couple bike rides and a hike I found some pretty neat stuff. Here are some pictures from those outings.


This dog came out of his driveway to see what I was doing parked at the side of the road. Apparently the hill was too much or I was too boring because he turned around.


There are lots of Pecan orchards in the Mesilla Valley. I liked the way the trees made a tunnel over the road here.


I see roadrunners almost every time I hop on the bike. Luckily I had my camera this time.


Chile field with the Organ Mts. in the background at sunset. Too perfect.


Cotton tail rabbit.


Desert Datura.


Organ Mts. during a rare cloudy day.


Not sure what bug this is (it is a true bug) but the ant at the top of the picture was hell bent on bitting me as many times as it could as I was trying to get a picture. The ants are crazy aggressive here in the south.


A rare cloudy day in the Organ Mts. with a bloomed yucca.


More clouds in the Organ Mts.


Spiderwort.


Cloudy Organ Mts.


My room mate likes peaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment