Thursday, May 12, 2011

Twelve Days

I really shouldn't be here right now wasting more time but here I am. I have exactly 12 days left to finish my thesis and 26 days until I defend it. I am pretty stoked to be done and begin doing things I love again. Obviously triathlons are where my attention and efforts will be put to use in about a months worth time. Yes I am pretty excited to be swimming biking and running again. I suppose I am just like every other crazy triathlon nut case out there, completely obsessed. It doesn't help that everyone is always badgering me to train with them and invite me to participate in cool trips and events they organize. Honestly, I am honored and I guess privileged I have so many fans (even if they are all my closest friends). Just the other week, for example, I was sent a personal invitation to attend a local sprint triathlon free of charge! Unbelievable! Unfortunately my schedule is pretty crazy and I am not sure where I will be the next month. Still it was a wonderful gesture.

On a different and slightly more sour note, I have lost two loves in my life. The first one (and of less importance) was my Pinarello road bike. It was stolen off of my back porch a few weeks ago. I had been keeping it inside all along but I rode it a few times and left it on the porch to keep our house a little tidier (not that is matters, our house is always dirty). Well one morning it was gone. I thought it was some sick joke at first. They also took my stationary trainer and my room mates commuter. Not cool! At the very least I hope the people who end up with it realize what a nice bike it is and are enjoying it our on the open road as I would.

My second loss is Brianne. She landed a job in Winthrop, Washington and will not becoming back to Las Cruces... ever! We had a nice little road trip on the way to Washington. We actually drove from Albuquerque, NM to Spokane, WA in one shot! It was the farthest I've ever driven all at once and I hope I don't have to do it ever again. But she is gone and my life is pretty insignificant now. I need to get done already and start living opposed to sitting in front of this computer all day. Only twelve more days.

My beautiful bike, gone, rest her soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment