Monday, August 8, 2011

Hellooooo Utah

Okay I'll admit, I need to be more positive. Reading my last post it is evident that many of my updates are of me just wining. No one wants to read that! So here we go, A positive update!

It's official now. I live in Logan, Utah! Not in a million years did I ever think that I would live in Logan, Utah but here I am, ready to make the most of it. Brianne and I moved into a quiet apartment last week as she continues her research job and I am continuing to just look for a job. Logan is located in the beautiful Cache Valley at 4,500 feet so it resembles (to a degree) an alpine valley in the Alps. The Wasatch Mountains are to the west and the Naomi Wilderness is to the east. Throughout the valley and surrounding foothills are miles of quiet roads PERFECT for cycling.

I have a wonderful girlfriend who supports and encourages me to pursue my dream and make the most of it. Now I live in an area great for training and which is centrally located surrounded with other like minded people. Everything I sacrificed for so long is finally coming together. Although if I had a little source of income that would be nice. I will worry about that later...

I am not going to beat around the bush. I am here and I am ready to make the the move into triathlon's elite ranks. I know I have what it takes, it will just take some time to fine tune things that only come with experience. Already this week I have felt enormous changes in my cycling and my run. Just how much stronger I can get, I will find out this fall as I will jump into a couple Olympic triathlons and perhaps even a half-ironman. I cant decide on either the SOMA half-iron or the Austin 70.3. Stay updated as things can only improve from here. I am ready for the journey. Game on!

Cooling off in Beaver Creek, Utah after a run at 7,500 feet.

1 comment:

  1. wow!! I CANT BELIEVE YOU MOVED AND I HAD NO IDEA! thanks for the adam's life update and good luck as you up your training and go elite. (maybe do a blog post on what exactly that means!!) :)

    jealous you live in a swiss valley and i live in ohio. i wasnt jealous of the dessert but of the mountains in utah, definitely.

    ReplyDelete