Saturday, April 10, 2010

Arizona Distance Classic Half Marathon

I decided to do this race mainly because the El Paso half marathon was such a huge disaster. I really wanted an early season half marathon to gauge my fitness but because the El Paso thing didn't pan out, I looked around for another. The next closest race was three weeks away in Tucson, Arizona. It was also the last Sunday of my spring break and since I was going to be traveling back from San Diego with Brianne, I entered.

I will keep it short because there really isn't much to say. I had the same conservative strategy I always have in these longer races and decided to cruise it as I would on one of my longer runs (that I hadn't done). Well that is about it. I cruised the race but picked it up a little towards the end and got a base time I can use for the remainder of the season to track my improvement. It was an out and back course with a few small rolling hills scattered around. That's all I can really say about the course. It was well organized however, and received a decent amount of runners.

No comments:

Post a Comment