Friday, April 30, 2010

Hermann Memorial Ironman 70.3

I have been working on this entry for well over two weeks now and I am not even close to getting it done. For this reason I have decided I am just going to just summarize. So for those of you who read my blog for pure entertainment, I am warning you this is going to be boring. Here we go...

I swam. I swam hard. The swim felt long but I made it out of the water with an average swim. Nothing spectacular.

I had my wet suit peeled off by some wet suit strippers. It was VERY exciting.

I ran to my bike. I got on my bike. I rode my bike out to the seawall and 28 miles down the Gulf of Mexico coast.

There was a head wind. I knew if I was going to make up time on everyone it was going to be here into the headwind.

I reached the turn around and the tailwind I was expecting was more of a cross wind. I was pissed. I rode hard the whole way back and became very tired.

I got off my bike and started running. I ran as smooth as I could and felt not bad but not good either.

I apparently ran really fast the first 6 miles and looked good according to Brianne. Then I did not think I would be able to finish.

I almost walked between miles 7 and 10 but I didn't. (Those are the hardest miles I have discovered.)

I drank Coke, poured water on myself and took a Gu.

I finished and was very tired but very happy because I just did the fastest half ironman I have ever done. Plus I didn't even think I was ready for this race.

The End

(see that was really boring)

No comments:

Post a Comment