Thursday, December 27, 2012

Hmmm, let's see...

I got a job (with plants... YES!), I left everything familiar back west, I moved to McMinnville, Tennessee, I stopped training for triathlons, and now I am building a life of my own.

Currently I'm back in Spokane, WA visiting my family for Christmas. My sister Bonnie flew in from Boston, my 94 year old grandma came down for Christmas dinner, and the old dogs, Gus and Pepper, were happy to see everyone too. Dad came over a few days ago and Bonnie and I went out to breakfast at the greasiest breakfast joint on Spokane, Mollies. It was nice to see everyone again.

So in a few days I'll be heading back to little old McMinnville, TN and work again. I hope I don't go another 5 or 6 months between posts, otherwise this blog wont be very interesting with all the gaps.

I have managed to run two days in a row and I even swam at the downtown YMCA this morning. It was only 1200yd. and the last 200 I could barely get my arms out of the water so I had to resort to the back stroke but it is a step in the right direction. I'm toying with the idea of putting my serious running and swimming on hold for a season and just concentrate on cycling. I've met a wonderful cycling club in Tullahoma, TN, the Highland Rim Cycling Club http://www.hrbike.org/, and they really think I should give bike racing a go.

So we'll call that good, I'll try to get back on a regular posting track but we'll see since I don't have internet access at my house. Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment