Saturday, June 22, 2013

A Brand New World

Okay. There are two reasons for my long interlude between posts. First, I've been boringly busy. Second, and probably the main reason, I have not had access to a reliable internet source at home. So here we go. I'm preparing to start a brand new chapter.

I just finished moving into my new house. It's a little slice of heaven for sure and I feel very fortunate and lucky to have landed such a nice place. It comes with a little creek in the back and 22 acres that are mostly cleared for pasture. There is a small garden around the home but its filled with boring hum-drum foundation landscape plants. We'll be fixing that in the years to come. The house was originally a log home but the outside was laid over with vinyl siding due to all the boring (as in burrowing) type insects and carpenter bees. The inside is log home-like and very cozy. Brianne thinks it looks like a big lincoln log fort. Whatever it looks like, I like it. I'll be posting some picture in the future.

Bike riding has taken a back seat again. That's okay. I like to take a mid season break to completely rest, both my body and mind. I get burned out if I go go go. When I was riding I was improving so quickly it was thrilling and a little frightening. It seemed as though nothing or nobody could stop me. Work is winding up and I seem to be finding my stride. I'll just need to find a way to become more efficient and refined so I can do some of the other things I love. I'll probably just pick up on something else or expand one of my other hobbies. That's okay. Either way, I'll still be doing something I love.


No comments:

Post a Comment