Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Big Bend for Thanksgiving

It is only 3 more days until Brianne and I venture deep into the most remote corner of the lower 48 states. We are going to Big Bend National Park! Yeah! I am pretty excited to take a break from work/school and even more excited to go somewhere I have never been. Yesterday I bought a sleeping bag and a backpack (turns out it was the wrong one and I will have to go back and replace it). All we need now is some food and water, and maybe some warm clothes. Big Bend is in the heart of the Chihuahuan Desert but the nights still get pretty cold. Big Bend also has more cacti species than any other area in the United States, even Saguaro National Park. (Cacti nerd alert.)

Concerning our traveling Brianne and I are kind of weird because we both agreed that this trip will be more fun and feel more like an adventure if we barely get by meaning, we will bring only the bare essentials. Food, water, warm cloths, tent, etc...) That sounded pretty fun initially but unless Adam gets his cup of coffee there will likely be utter confusion and drowsiness associated with simple daily activities such as tying his shoe.

Never the less, I am still excited and I will be sure to carry my camera and take some photos at every opportunity. After Big Bend (if we are still alive) we will have a Thanksgiving dinner graciously provided by Brianne's Dad and family.

I guess that just about wraps up this quick little time line. So if you don't hear from me in a week or two I am probably still stick in Big Bend having an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment