Sunday, November 13, 2011

Keeping Myself Busy

Well it looks like winter is finally here to stay in Logan. There is now a substantial amount of snow on the ground and it is gray and cold. Yes I am still waiting to learn what exactly is happening with my life but I have decided to just do the best I can with what I have. Worrying about it too much wont help anything.

Mid last week I did a video tape analysis of my swim stroke and was a bit shocked. Swimming always came fairly natural to me so I figured I had a pretty good stroke. I was a little shocked to see my arms flailing incredibly wide when I pulled like a drunken spider or something. I was engaging the large muscles in my back no doubt (like I felt you were supposed to do) but I was loosing so much power by pulling wide. It's good we discovered this now so I can get things right for my rebirth on triathlon this next season.

So speaking of next season, it is very likely I will have a coach who will keep me on track and in the game. I have contacted a couple so far. I am a little nervous about the financial thing at the moment but in all honesty, as long as I have a roof over my head, food in my belly, a little bit of free time to train, and of course my Brianne, I am happy. Training by myself in the dark can only take you so far (so I've learned the hard way). It is an individual pursuit no doubt but a team effort. No one can do it on their own.

So this post has taken up a little time thankfully. I am feeling a bit more motivated after all of that so I think I will head off to the the pool and practice my drills. And one last thing before I go, I wish to give a shout out of luck to my two Jeremy friends (Cooper and Harwood) next week at Ironman Arizona. I know you will have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Adam, thanks for the shout out! I'm SOO ready for it to just hurry up and get here. I know what you're saying about the swim; I knew I had lots of room to improve, just didn't realize how bad til I saw my video! Enjoy reading the posts, keep em coming.

    ReplyDelete