Monday, July 12, 2010

So Now What Am I Supposed To Do

After the crash yesterday I have been steadily getting worse and worse. The pain yesterday was not to bad and I thought I was just going to be one of those super heroes that bounce right back after big injuries. Well this morning I couldn't bring myself to sit up and get out of bed. The pain had somehow intensified drastically since last evening and any small move I did resulted in a deep sharp stabbing pain to my left side. It was bad let me tell you. Not wanting to face up to the pain just yet, I laid there for the next 2 hours drifting in and out of sleep. I began to wish Brianne was sleeping next to me like she used to. I just wanted Brianne there. Someone to talk to and share my pain with. I started getting sad and then angry at myself for not treating her better, for not appreciating her. I didn't realize how much I missed her until she was gone. Finally I mustered up enough courage to stagger to the bathroom in excruciating pain to pee and go take a pain killer that I thought I was too tough for. Not now anyway.

Eating is also a major chore because I can not open my mouth very wide. My chin is swollen and sore. I am also scared that if I open my mouth too wide I will tear some stitches and start bleeding again. Yes life as of now is pretty awful. However, I did go to the book store the other day so now I can start some books I have been very interested in reading. I can also type all of this nonsense in my blog and feel good about it because I just took some Vicaden.

Changing gears I have been meaning to post some pictures about my new house. It is a great little find here in Las Cruces where housing is already dirt cheap. $650 a month with 4 room mates doesn't get much better. I have been slowly cleaning up the yard and planting plants all over the place. It is great to finally have a private place to play in the soil once again just like I used to do all the time living back home in Spokane, Washington.

I think I better end this entry there because I am finding it harder and harder to keep focused and think clearly. The Vicaden is really kicking in now. Bye for now. Is that even how you spell Vicaden?


The front of our new house.


The back of our new house. There is actually quite a lot of yard.


This is the side yard. I'm attempting to create a lush tropical grotto. Eventually it will get there.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Adam: When are you going to get your phone back? If you don't want to hurt you are supposed to take your pain meds before you hurt, not after you're deep in pain. The pain is easier to control if you stay at a low pain level, not at an excruciating one. It will make it easier to breathe and not get pneumonia. How are you feeling about the Ironman in a couple of weeks??? Love, MOM.

    ReplyDelete