Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A New School Year

Last Thursday marked the beginning of the 2010 fall semester here at NMSU. I was actually pretty excited to start classes again. I always picture riding my bike around campus with my backpack during a cloudy, crisp, cool day as the leaves change from green to yellow to red. The new students are walking casually to class holding books and binders and wearing sweatshirts looking for their building. I feel important and I suppose smart to be apart of such times. However, the weather is still hot, there are WAY to many students to take notice about what they are wearing (God forbid they are wearing sweatshirts), and the leaves are not turning red but rather brown and crispy. But I am not complaining, in fact I love New Mexico, it is just different from anything I have ever experienced.

I am also only registered for two classroom classes but my schedule is fuller than my tummy after Thanksgiving. I am a teaching assistant for two classes and still have my graduate project to worry about and work on. And oh yeah! I almost forgot. I am still attempting to train for triathlons. The beginning of the new semester is always a crazy time but hopefully things will work themselves out.

I have been riding my bike quite a lot lately. I mentioned earlier in a post that I was feeling pretty good on the bike but I seem to be getting stronger and stronger. I have not raced for a while so I am not exactly sure where I stand but I know I am feeling quite good at the very least. I hooked up Bella, my Cervelo, to the trainer the other day to finally record my position. It is something I have been meaning to do for... well forever basically. I have never actually done a positioning shoot. I'm still not sure what to look for other than aerodynamic-ness but it is a good place to start. I'm still not sure if I want to do the Yucca Triathlon in 2 weeks but I will definitely be doing the Elephantman triathlon on September 26th.

No comments:

Post a Comment