Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sponsorships

It has been four weeks now, exactly, since I broke my rib during the El Paso Road Race. On Friday I managed to mess my seat-post-clamp-bolt-thing up again on my Cervelo so I took it in to the Outdoor Adventure Bike Shop to see if they could figure it out. Apparently I must have really screwed it up this time because it has been three days and still nothing from the boys at Outdoor Adventure. I ordered a whole new seat-post-clamp-bolt-thing to hopefully avoid this reoccurring problem in the future.

Now that I am starting to get all revved up again about cycling I am without a bike. There is also the option of going to the pool but after last time I think I will give my ribbie another week or two before I kill it in the pool. It's a shame because the Elephantman Olympic triathlon is coming up and I want to give a solid performance. So at the moment running is all I can do, which I really don't mind.

For the second half of my season I have been looking at which races I would like to do. For sure I will do the Elephantman, Longhorn 70.3, and Polar Bear. I would like to do another one or two, but with school starting it will be tough.

The other day I bough a new 175 mm crank for Bella (the Cervelo speed machine). Yeah, it is sweet. It set me back a couple Benjamins but with 175 mm hollow carbon fiber cranks and a 52/38 chain ring, I think it was worth it. Well I haven't technically rode it yet but I think it is safe to assume. That heavy 172.5 mm 50/38 chin ring and crank I was using before was just a little to mild mannered for what I'm after. I'll try and post some pictures when it comes in.

So with all this money being tossed around by me lately I have realized... I don't have enough to even enter the races I want to anymore. Not to mention I got my medical bills from the accident (AAAAGGHHHH!!!). This brings me to my main topic (sorry for that ridiculously long introduction). I think it is about time to start looking for some sponsors for a little help. I am not really sure how to go about doing the "Sponsorship Hunt" but I have started by writing some well though out professional letters to several of my favorite companies. It is a shame I don't know anyone in my area that has some direct connections but I think the letter idea is a good place to start. Inching ever closer to that big P-Card, it makes sense to start acting (even if I really don't) like a professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment