Friday, August 6, 2010

Rough Swimming

It has been nearly 4 weeks since I broke my rib. I have gone on a couple of bike rides and runs this last week and have been feeling better and better. Today however, I was feeling so good and so motivated I went to the pool to swim a few laps.

I walked into the lobby of the swimming pool and that warm chemical smell of chlorine washed all over me. Man I missed that smell. In the locker room I put on my suit, cap and goggles. Then I marched out to the pool deck and claimed a lane. I hopped in the pool and the water felt so incredibly good after being in that hot New Mexican air all day. Man I missed that feeling. Then I pushed off the wall in streamline and... SWEET MOTHER OF PEARL! Man I didn't miss that sharp stabbing pain. I guess 4 weeks is still too soon to start swimming.

Since I was already in the pool I practiced my kicking, bubble rings and a little light breast stroke. After a half an hour I hopped out feeling as though I just wasted my time. Oh well, swimming is over rated anyway, especially in triathlons.

No comments:

Post a Comment