Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Room Mates

Well I can't sleep for whatever reason and I am starting to get annoyed with every little thing. I don't know why I am not sleeping since I had one great big day jam packed full of events. I began my day bright and early at 6:00 am and headed out into the field to dig up chile plants and take soil samples. Not for my project but for another one. Next I had two meetings because I learned I am going to TA for two classes this fall semester at NMSU. Oh boy! I guess my slacking days are over.

After a late lunch and a brief siesta, I figured I should go for a bike ride or a run. I chose to bike and actually felt pretty good the longer I rode thus I ended up riding all the way out to Ft. Seldon (or is it Selden?). Anyway, I rode through a thunderstorm and some heavy rain on the way back. Thunderstorms are always welcome this time of year because highs in the upper 90's to lower 100's can get tiresome.

Upon returning to home I was still felling pretty good and remembered I hadn't done a brick workout since basically forever so I threw on my running shoes and did a nice 40 min. run. Lately I am actually feeling very strong on the bike, perhaps the strongest I've ever felt. I wonder if that new 175 mm crank I just installed has anything to do with it or that I am coming of a rest period.

So as one can see I really did do a lot today. But why can't I sleep? I have my alarm set for 6:00am again tomorrow because I promised I would do an easy run with Brianne. Ugg... the longer I am awake, the harder it is going to be to get up tomorrow. And tomorrow is also the first day of class. But probably by now you are asking yourself what does the title "Room Mates" have anything to do about not sleeping. Well because I was on edge about not sleeping, I was getting frustrated about every little thing. For example:

I know it is not late for some of my room mates but it is for me. Why must they play their music when my door is closed and I am trying to sleep? It is okay during the day, sure, but after 10:00 is kind of rude. And the same goes for the guitar. I am just going to vent here okay. Also, everyone keeps talking about it but no one does a damn thing about it. It was made a big point to do your dishes by the end of the day if they are dirty and laying in the sink. So right now I bet you can guess what our sink looks like. And how many of those dishes do you think are mine? I don't think I need to explain myself further. I am crabby, wanting to sleep, exhausted, and wide awake at the same time. I hope tomorrow is better.

1 comment:

  1. sleep deprivation is something i'm starting to learn quite well. but my roomate is 4 weeks old; your roomates should know better!!!! LAY THE SMACK DOWN ADAM!

    ReplyDelete